May 5, 2019, 1:30 pm - 2:15 pm
Goodman Hall, Congregation Beth Israel
1972 NW Flanders St
Portland, Oregon 97209
PARTY is electing it’s 2019-2020 leaders! Make your voice heard, learn some leadership skills, join an amazing community and make a difference by joining the PARTY Board!
PARTY Board consists of two parts: The Executive Board and the Leadership Council. Leaders on the PARTY Board will work together to plan events for PARTY throughout the 2019-2020 year that will engage, teach and build community among teens at Congregation Beth Israel. Teens who participate in the PARTY Board will develop: strong leadership skills, better time management, practice in public speaking and group leading, and experience in teamwork. The PARTY Board is a strong and supportive community of teens who, through working and problem solving together, create an amazing experience for their Jewish peers.
Please reach out to Chelsea, Sr. Program Manager of Youth and Family, with any questions.
(President and any Vice President position)
– Submit paragraph with 300 words or less to introduce yourself and explain your qualifications for the position
– Submit application to run signed by a current PARTY board member (if you are not sure who is currently on board, reach out to Chelsea) and a parent. Application can be found in the elections packet.
– Prepare to answer the following question at elections on Sunday, May 5th:
“What is your vision for new activities and programs for PARTY and what qualities do you have that could help PARTY achieve those and create an even more vibrant community?”
– Prepare to answer 1-2 questions from the audience about your paragraph and the answer to the above question at elections on Sunday, May 5th
Submit all questions and components to Chelsea by THURSDAY, MAY 2ND
(unlimited number of members)
– Submit application signed by a parent and current PARTY board member. Application can be found in the elections packet.
– Submit paragraph answering the following prompt:
“Why would you like to join leadership council? What skills do you hope to learn and what skills would you like to bring to PARTY?”
Submit all questions and components to Chelsea (accepted on a rolling basis)